Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nate's MicroAquarium


  • I drew water from tank #8, I also included plants A & B in my micro-aquarium.
  • On wednesday October 15 I did my first observation. In my micro-aquarium i viewed a number of organisms. The most prevalent by far of these organisms were the Crustacea Ostracod. I estimated about 10-12 of these organisms were in my aquarium. These tiny bean shaped organisms were moving quite rapidly and seemed to stay for the most part near the bottom where all the debris laid.
  • The organism I found most interesting in my aquarium was the Cladoceran. This clear organism was much bigger than the Crustacea Ostracod, but it appeared that there was only one of these organisms present. It seemed to have no preference for where it liked to chill, it was constantly moving all over the aquarium. Ones of these organisms is pictured to the left.
  • The last organism I observed I have still not identified. This was a kind of worm. It was rather large compared to the Crustacea Ostracod, and like the Cladoceran it was also translucent. It moved slowly which led me to believe it was not a nematode. It also seemed to prefer staying near the bottom of the aquarium. 



No comments: