Monday, November 17, 2008

4th Out of Class Observation

  • Friday I did what would be my last observation, and i would have to say I have grown quite attached to the organisms in my micro-aquarium and Im sad its all over. 
  • My clear worm, whom i originally could not identify but i now know is Aelosoma, population reached a pretty stable number i believe when viewing them for the last time. I last reported them at somewhere between 10-15 and i now feel that number has only slightly varied, if at all since last weeks observation.
  • Much like my Aelosoma population, my Ostracod Crustae population i feel has not grown or fallen by a noticeable amount since last week, when i reported that they numbered around 30-40. They still are thriving none the less, and zip around the aquarium, as if knowing they are the most abundant of the organisms living in their tiny world.
  • I regret to report that I was still unable to identify my Cladoceran. I am now convinced that i did not misidentify this organism because i was so intrigued by its uniqueness when I first observed it. Its possible that it just was out competed for resources or possible it was just close to death when i first observed, or hopefully still survives and i was just unable to find him amongst all the dirt, debris, and water fleas. In any case, Im still going to report my Cladoceran in my Lab Report when i began to do that this weekend.

No comments: