Sunday, November 2, 2008

2nd Out of Class Observation

  • In my second out of class observation things in the micro-aquarium have changed alot.
  • The biggest change I noticed was in my Aelosoma population, it has begun to rapidly grow from just 2 or 3 organisms, to now what appears to be somewhere between 5 and 10 oraganism. I have noticed that these worms tend to stay near the bottom of the aquarium where all the debris lies.
  • Likewise, my ostracod population is booming. These tiny water fleas are reproducing quickly, reaching numbers now somewhere between 20 and 30. They continue to thrive covering almost every corner of the aquarium.
  • The most disappointing observation this week was that I never found my Cladocerans, as previously observed. It is possible that they were in the debris hiding or maybe just got out competed for resources and died off. In any case, I will be on the look out for them next week when I do my 3rd out of class observation.

No comments: